JUNIOR + MEDIOR SOFTWARE DEVELOPER
RE-liON is a pioneering IT company, servicing the civil and defence industries. RE-liON is on the cusp of international expansion and is looking for Software Developers to help us bring our products to the next level.
Our flagship product is RE-liON SUIT, a fully immersive, multi-user, full-body motion sensing VR simulator. See the BLACKSUIT video at https://youtu.be/bu-J05lOD4w). We are also active in bridging the gap between GEO Information Systems (GIS) and gaming world editors, aiming to supply the simulations community with next-gen 3D tools.
RE-liON offers software developers broad and diverse challenges, that go way beyond traditional gaming and serious gaming.
A software developer within RE-liON can work on any of these areas:
- VR graphics: in-house C++ engine;
- GIS: developing next-gen geographical information systems;
- Simulations: RE-liON uses GPU-based real-time fire dynamics for VR fire fighting;
- Embedded software: RE-liON creates its own electronics, firmware and interfacing;
- Sensor fusion: RE-liON is always pushing VR boundaries with new input devices, actuators and new ways of combining sensor data.
Most of our development work is done using Microsoft Visual C++. All development efforts are team-based, which each team member specializing in some part of a project. A professional organization and project management supports a tight-knit development team. The function is University/Applied University-level (HBO/WO). Affinity with gaming technology is a plus. C++ knowledge is a plus, otherwise a firm grasp of typed procedural languages will do (Java, C#, etc). We expect you to be able to converse in English and preferably Dutch. A security screening is part of the application procedure.
Written applications can be sent by e-mail, with a portfolio (CV) to "a.post 'at' re-lion.com". For questions, please contact us via +31-85-7430290.
PRODUCT SUPPORT SPECIALIST
RE-liON is growing and has room for a Product Support Specialist. Are you multi-deployable, service-oriented and looking for an opportunity to develop yourself by working with a virtual training system? Read more about our growing organization and the opportunities we offer.
The Product Support Specialist at RE-liON will operate BLACKSUIT at locations in the Netherlands and occasionally abroad. In addition, you are responsible for the correct processing of the support requests and you help with management of some of RE-liON's IT systems. (For an introduction video, see BLACKSUIT at https://youtu.be/bu-J05lOD4w)
While operating BLACKSUIT you will stay at locations of our clients in the Netherlands. Handling of support is done (usually) from our office in Enschede.
Within this role you can contribute to the development and progress of our product by sharing experiences of training sessions and testing new releases at the office.
The tasks of a Product Support Specialist BLACKSUIT consist of:
- Preparing the system for daily use, including building up and breaking down; operating the exercise control station during a training session;
- occasional exchange of spare parts during a training session;
- the logistics of parts that require repair;
- documentation of system use and events such as system errors and handling of support requests;
- share experiences and knowledge gained during training sessions and to test the changes made at the RE-liON office;
- managing certain IT systems at RE-liON.
Qualities you posses are:
- A completed relevant education at MBO+ / HBO level;
- an education in IT;
- affinity with games / gaming;
- social, representative, independent, patient and with empathy;
- the willingness to travel and possibly to work irregular hours;
- combining safety and IT interest;
- prepared to stay for periods at our customers' locations in the Netherlands and on an occasion abroad;
- fluent in speech (verbal / written) in Dutch and English;
Willing to cooperate in a background screening conducted by the Ministry of Defence in the Netherlands.
Experience with a military environment is considered a plus.
What can we offer:
- a challenging work environment with sufficient variety
- broaden knowledge by participating in a small team
- a salary that grows as you develop
Written applications can be sent by e-mail, with a portfolio including photo to "a.post 'at' re-lion.com". For questions, please contact us via +31-85-7430290.
An internship offers a unique combination of practical, work and development that expands further professional growth. Our trainees work directly with professionals under guidance of supervisors and staff. RE-liON offers internships in software development, 3D design, industrial design and electrical engineering.
Internships in other areas are welcome to apply.
To start your application process, send an e-mail to "internship 'at' re-lion.com", with the subject internship, contact details and other relevant information.